Author Topic: Trolling & forum candor.  (Read 2910 times)

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
Trolling & forum candor.
« on: November 22, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »
Recent events have cased some turmoil here. Several members have contacted me recently about posts which they believe are trollsome, and detrimental to the climate here. While I personally don't think that the poster is deliberately trying to stir things up, his posts are clearly having that effect. We all have to be sensitive about how our comments are perceived. Misinterpretations are unavoidable in this medium, but if it becomes obvious that there is a pattern forming, and a certain type of comment or post is consistently volatile, then it's time to stop making that kind of post. This is a social gathering place, and the same rules of tactfulness and common sense that apply in any social situation apply here. While we want to fair, and protective of freedom of speech, ultimately, this is a social gathering place, and it's health and happiness take priority.

Trolling (Wikipedia) - a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[/i]

millions

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-O-Phile
    • View Profile
Re: Trolling & forum candor.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »
Wow, it seems that we are "lucky" to even have trolls around here! I thought the interest was so low that we were barely surviving. This is "good news" of a sort to me. This shows that there is some dynamic tension going on, a good sign of LIFE! Forgive me if I offend...
"In Spring! In the creation of art, it must be as it is in Spring!" -Arnold Schoenberg
"The trouble with New Age music is that there's no evil in it."-Brian Eno