Author Topic: What is your most sought after piece of gear?  (Read 6427 times)

aliensporebomb

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most sought after piece of gear?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 10:08:09 AM »
Right now?  Believe it or not I'm pretty happy with my current setup.  I'm sure that will change pretty quickly though.

millions

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-O-Phile
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »
I would like an AXON MIDI converter. I hear that they are faster and more accurate than Roland. I have a Roland VG-88, but no Roland ready guitar. I think that with the Axon, you can use Roland's hexaphonic pickup (the unit has a multi-pin plug-in for that), so that is very desirable. I've looked at various YouTube demos of it. It's European, so it's rather hard to find one, although they are out there.
"In Spring! In the creation of art, it must be as it is in Spring!" -Arnold Schoenberg
"The trouble with New Age music is that there's no evil in it."-Brian Eno

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 08:04:35 PM »
Not too up on guitar synths, but I recall the terratec (sp?) was a pretty cool piece of kit. Tracks way better than Roland

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »
I have the Axon.  It tracks considerably better than the Roland guitar synth modules.  I've used it with a Godin Freeway SA, but now I also have a Roland-Ready Strat that I can use with that and with the VG-99, which doesn't work as well with the piezo synth pickup in the Godin.

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »
I am rather shocked to find that the nauseatingly named "YouRock Guitar" MIDI controller is receiving pretty stellar customer reviews at Musician's Friend. The thing looks like a cross between a SynthAxe and a Guitar Hero controller, but for $130 I may have to give it a shot some time.
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »
The YouRock is very limited, based on what I've read.  The one guy I know pretty well who ordered one ended up selling it almost immediately, and he's really into guitar synth stuff.  You can't do hammer-ons or pull-offs, and supposedly it isn't as accurate as you'd like. 

The Starr Labs Ztar is what you want to go for, if you have some decent cash to blow.

You might be more interested in a new wireless USB-based guitar MIDI module coming from Fishman--designed by the Axon guy.  The initial version will only control soft synths, but they're supposedly looking at introducing a wider array of converter products.  The tracking is reportedly better than even the Axons, though I don't know if the Fishman unit is available yet.

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 10:23:22 PM »
Thanks for the info, profusion. I read in the reviews that hammers and pulls worked, except from/to open strings, but who knows. With my budget, there really aren't any guitar synth options, so it's more of a musing than anything. I need to work on making myself into a decent player before I go investing in something as hardcore as a synth setup, anyway.
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....

millions

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-O-Phile
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
There's a Yamaha MIDI interface that is supposedly based on the earlier Axon technology, for considerably less cash. I'm considering that.
"In Spring! In the creation of art, it must be as it is in Spring!" -Arnold Schoenberg
"The trouble with New Age music is that there's no evil in it."-Brian Eno

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
There's a Yamaha MIDI interface that is supposedly based on the earlier Axon technology, for considerably less cash. I'm considering that.

You gets what you pay for. I say save up for the real deal. Buy used.

Ovader

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 02:40:03 PM »
The Engl Screamer 50W 1x12 Combo Amp, a customized Canton or Fretsong guitar and the Carvin Icon Claro Walnut fretless 5 or 6 string bass.
Wow! My priorities have changed somewhat as I now prefer to have the Engl Blackmore Signature head and Engl cab, a custom Strandberg (or Strandberg inspired) 7 and 8-string* (Van Eps/Lenny Breau*) guitar, an 8-string Bartolex classical, a 7-string Sky (Uli Jon Roth) inspired guitar and a fretless Bebensee 6-string bass.

conebeckham

• Trusted Member
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
That's all?

:D

Ovader

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
That's all?

:D
Currently I have two Strat projects on the go and an upgrade to my Ibanez RG560 ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:10:50 AM by Ovader »