Author Topic: What is your most sought after piece of gear?  (Read 6426 times)

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
What is your most sought after piece of gear?
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:41:55 PM »
What do you currently lust after, if you could acquire some new guitar, amp, keyboard, cymbal, whatever.

Wallace The Lad

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Regal Zonophone I  (not II)
Re: What is your most sought after piece of gear?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:33:17 AM »
Even though Im no musician whatsoever, for the last year I have been losing sleep over a minimoog model D  (or, bar that, a Moog Voyager Blue).

It just KILLS me when Im told ,back in the '80s , you could find a model-D in a Toronto pawnshop for $300.

On the stereo front, a McIntosh tube amp would do the trick.

Also want a Leslie 122/147.

Fat chance on all.
Listening to THAT fusion lp is like sucking creamcorn from the socket, then licking thirty year old tire carcass at the back of Planet Earth ParkingLot.

7/4

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • http://biink.com/db
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 06:59:13 AM »
I wouldn't mind a real nice arch top and a real nice classical, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

A more realistic goal would be to get a new microtonal fretted neck for one of my Teles.

What I really need is to get my amps fixed and my guitars set up.

fusion58

• Half-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • daimone-sound.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »
Probably a Dyno My Piano Tri-Stereo Chorus unit.

I just can't stomach the idea of shelling out between two and three large for one, however.

I'm interested in hearing the replica(?) the folks at Suhr are working on.  8)

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »
A new lock-nut for my guitar. Mine's stripped.
I know, I know, dream on....
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....

millions

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-O-Phile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
A Dynacord leslie simulator. That Suhr unit sounds promising, if it's anywhere near the quality of the guitars.
"In Spring! In the creation of art, it must be as it is in Spring!" -Arnold Schoenberg
"The trouble with New Age music is that there's no evil in it."-Brian Eno

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 07:36:12 AM »
I'm actually in the process of purging some gear. A few great, but not often played guitars are going to liberate some funds for taxes. Honestly, I'm so in love with my Suhr S4 that I won't miss the Tyler, Anderson or Hamer.

Another Suhr would be kind of cool though - something to fill the 2 humbucker void. A Modern maybe :D

Mike

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 06:16:31 AM »
I'm trying to find a Roland Jet Phaser which is a great sounding phaser/fuzz pedal. It was actually the first pedal I ever owned back in the mid 70's but I stupidly traded it Fender Blender fuzz unit. Last year I picked up Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble which is another pedal I owned years ago,it sounds beautiful with my Fender Twin Reverbs :)

Ovader

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
The Engl Screamer 50W 1x12 Combo Amp, a customized Canton or Fretsong guitar and the Carvin Icon Claro Walnut fretless 5 or 6 string bass.

conebeckham

• Trusted Member
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:13:38 AM »
WEll..if we're talking dreams.....I wish a Fodera AJ Presentation, chambered-body six string contrabass guitar (34" scale, please, not 35"!) would land gently in my lap.

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »
My musical luxary now would probably he actually having the time to play regularly. It's been 4 days since I've touched the guitar  >:(

conebeckham

• Trusted Member
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:54 AM »
I'll see your four, and raise you too....

amen, brother.

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »
Fractal Audio Axe-FX II preamp (I have the original Axe-FX and love it).

Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Reissue w/three pickups.  These have mahogany tops and aren't quite as bright-sounding as regular LPs.

Heritage H-550 archtop.  For the inner jazzer in me.

ViK custom-made guitar.  ViK guitars are hand-made by this guy in Belarus.  He does the most amazing work--I got to play one the other day, and it is honestly the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen in person.  They play and sound amazing.  Unfortunately, even being made in Eastern Europe, they start at about $3,500.  Worth it, though.  http://vikguitars.com/

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 08:21:29 AM »
Fractal Audio Axe-FX II preamp (I have the original Axe-FX and love it).

Cool! I use a AxeFX Standard and love it. I use it through 2 Atomic FR cabs or my Studio monitors. The AFX II would be cool, especially the USB, but cant justify the 3500 or whatever they're selling for. FWIW it looks like the originals are selling used close to retail (I suppose to fill the lower price void) so it would be easy to roll into a II.

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
Cool! I use a AxeFX Standard and love it. I use it through 2 Atomic FR cabs or my Studio monitors. The AFX II would be cool, especially the USB, but cant justify the 3500 or whatever they're selling for. FWIW it looks like the originals are selling used close to retail (I suppose to fill the lower price void) so it would be easy to roll into a II.

They sell for a hair over $2,000 if you get on the waiting list.  You can "jump the list" and get one for $2,600 immediately, but I think that's kind of silly.  My Axe-FX Standard has been my studio workhorse for almost five years now.  I don't really need the USB functionality, but I would like the improved modeling for "mid-gain" sounds.  I'm actually running an ADA Ampulator in the loop of my Axe-FX in place of the built-in cabinet simulators.  Using an analog simulator gives me better results.