Author Topic: What fusion lp/cd you listening to today?  (Read 368178 times)

Shadow

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
Re: What fusion lp/cd you listening to today?
« Reply #5190 on: May 04, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »
Bill Evans - Petite Blonde

I remember finding that one for a friend at Best Buy. When they first opened they had a lot of really good cds.

It was an Audiophile purchase for me back in the day. I just saw a Chambers interview where he names that as his favorite cd of his playing ever.

A couple of us are going over a friend's Saturday to watch and listen to music. Dennis came over the time before last and I was too tired to go. He said he might give Dennis a call and see if he wants to come over again. He said he stayed until 1 AM last time. If I think of it and he's there I'll ask him if it's still his favorite.

xmiles

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: May 04, 2017, 11:10:02 PM »
Bill Evans - Petite Blonde

I remember finding that one for a friend at Best Buy. When they first opened they had a lot of really good cds.

It was an Audiophile purchase for me back in the day. I just saw a Chambers interview where he names that as his favorite cd of his playing ever.

I have fond memories of Audiophile. Living in England before the internet grew this was the only way I could get hold of some CDs. Plus the personal recommendations when we spoke on the phone.

Interesting comment from Chambers. I must listen to this again - it is one of my favourite Bill Evans albums.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: May 05, 2017, 04:56:28 AM »
Here is the interview, for those interested. It's long, but I never got bored. It's very recent too, so I don't think he's changed his mind on his pick. He cites the Scofield stuff as up there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7qf5wKOv90&t=2984s

I have an issue of Modern Drummer from the mid 90's where he again names the Evans, and also Tom Coster - Let's Set the Record Straight, Gary Thomas - The Kold Kage, and Bob Berg - Enter the Spirit.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: May 06, 2017, 05:30:09 AM »
Eduardo Letti - Sete Fontes

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #5194 on: May 06, 2017, 07:05:32 PM »
Abstract Logix Live! - 2010 New Music Universe Festival.

I wish they had offered full sets from this festival for purchase. There was so much good music on offer.

Shadow

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: May 06, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »
Abstract Logix Live! - 2010 New Music Universe Festival.

I wish they had offered full sets from this festival for purchase. There was so much good music on offer.

Other than being a stand up festival we had a good time there.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: May 08, 2017, 04:08:29 PM »
There were some seats, but I sure didn't get one. By the end of the McLaughlin tribute set, my back was killing me. Sucks to be old!

Shadow

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: May 08, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
There were some seats, but I sure didn't get one. By the end of the McLaughlin tribute set, my back was killing me. Sucks to be old!

I was in the back watching the Eagles beat the Giants. That loss was the reason the Packers got in the playoffs and made it to the super bowl.

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #5198 on: May 08, 2017, 07:42:09 PM »
Yeah, that was a long time to be standing. Mostly worth it, though.

Human Element's set was a real highlight for me. Their album was kind of a letdown, by contract, when it finally came out.