Author Topic: Fusion Standards  (Read 21198 times)

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
Re: Fusion Standards
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 07:32:13 AM »
Another factor is probably that most active fusion groups want to write and play their own material exclusively.  Also more of a rock influence.  It's hard to develop a song book if no one wants to play it.

Bebop sort of mutated out of 1940s cocktail lounges, where the listeners would expect to hear a steady stream of pop hits and show tunes.  Working bands in those places weren't originally supposed to be creative, but to crank out the hits so that the audience would keep buying martinis.  That tradition and the same song book persisted even after the groups were recognized as doing their own thing and the audiences came specifically to hear that "mutant music."

Lucidology

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »
Gotta luv ya Geoff ... UR such a champion for fusion ...
(where's the thumps up or applauding smilies ... lol)

Tgruahgsgs

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
Thank god you've arrived, Tgruahgsgs! I was just thinking to myself, "what this thread needs is a wedding photographer," and there you are!

Are people really so stupid as to spam advertise a regional business now? It used to all be shady, anonymous, overseas sites. This dork is linking back to a site that bears his name.  :police:
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....