Author Topic: Spam on fuze-zone?  (Read 2097 times)

rwe333

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Wayne Eagles
Spam on fuze-zone?
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:50:09 AM »
When I pop in, I usually click on "Show unread posts since last visit". Inevitably, there a bunch of spam posts (which I then report). Is there a solution for this? Just curious...

JaySee

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
Re: Spam on fuze-zone?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 06:08:28 AM »
The registration should have a security question about fusion. Something only a real fusion enthusiast could answer correctly.
Spotify playlist : Confusion? Fusion!

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
@rwe333, Your absolutely right. Funkle's working on the issue, but these spam bots are relentless!
Please hang in there w/ us while we sort this out.
Ironically, enough, when I first saw your screen name on the list of users, I thought you might be a spam bot! Is there a story behind it?

@JaySee, LOL. That's actually a pretty original approach to spam blocking! Unfortunately we're out to spread the love of fusion and we don't want to turn away newcomers looking to learn about the genre.
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »
My guy is working on something he says will work. I suggested putting in some  questions, but he wants to try something else. We talked about banning all of russia, since pretty much all this spam is coming from that area. Actually, I emailed him a few weeks back, but the spam filters were catching our emails because they had the word "spam" in the subject :) I do apologize for the delay. I know it's a PITA.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:29:46 AM by funkle »

rwe333

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Wayne Eagles
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »
@rwe333, Your absolutely right. Funkle's working on the issue, but these spam bots are relentless!
Please hang in there w/ us while we sort this out.
Ironically, enough, when I first saw your screen name on the list of users, I thought you might be a spam bot! Is there a story behind it?

"RWE" was a nickname coined by one of my fave students, stands for "Rockin' Wayne Eagles". ;) ...silly... and, 3 is my fave number (so 3 threes more betterer).

JaySee

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 11:15:18 AM »
The registration should have a security question about fusion. Something only a real fusion enthusiast could answer correctly.

;)

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
Agreed! !

Shadow

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »

Like what is prog. On Progressive Ears you would get fifty different answers and an eighty page thread battling why each person is right and everyone else is wrong.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 11:40:18 AM »
I brought it up to the admin, and he says he'll look into it.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
So, the admin heard back from the web guy and, basically, unless there is new software put in place, these douchebag spammers will be able to continue unabated. Said software would be a few hundred bucks, a price the admin can't justify at this point. So, it looks like we live with it, unless you guys want to pony up the cost.  :police: Or move the proceedings to another setting.

JaySee

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 11:19:40 AM »
unless you guys want to pony up the cost.

I could spend a few cds worth of money for a good cause.

Or move the proceedings to another setting.

Meaning?

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »
I'm not sure. Google groups was suggested. Lots of other host sites out there, I'm just not familiar with them really. ProphpBB and ProBoards seem promising, from a quick look. Any and all suggestions/legwork welcome!

JaySee

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »
I'm not sure. Google groups was suggested. Lots of other host sites out there, I'm just not familiar with them really. ProphpBB and ProBoards seem promising, from a quick look. Any and all suggestions/legwork welcome!

That means we would lose all the posts, right?

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 01:33:51 PM »

That means we would lose all the posts, right?

If we come up with the funds for the current guy, I think him migrating them all over is part of the price.