Author Topic: Attaching media: Youtube, video, audio, images.  (Read 3809 times)

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
Attaching media: Youtube, video, audio, images.
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
Auto-embedder features
You can now automatically embed video and audio clips by posting the clip's URL into your posts from over 200 sites (hundreds if you count the supported networks), including YouTube, DailyMotion, MetaCafe, Google Video, MySpace, Facebook, Veoh...
No need for BBCode or messy embed HTML. And if a user posts the embed html code for a site, it'll be turned automatically into a nice little furry harmless link.

Just copy the URL from your address bar into a post like http://www.kenny_g_sucks.com/watch_sucky_video and voila!
Kenny G - Song Bird and Aeva Media will do the rest. It's the ultimate user-friendly way of posting clips. YouTube videos will automatically appear in HD and Widescreen if available and enabled.
Works for all languages. Will fall back to the English version if your own language is missing.
Contains English and French translations. You can find more languages at Aeva Media translations or in SMF-Media's download area. You can even submit your own.
Admin settings aplenty. Enable/disable embedding, allow embed code fix, use Javascript to embed videos (which is recommended), inline upgrade of Flash version, debug mode for admins, allow for video embedding into quotes or in the middle of sentences...
- Lookups will grab the actual video url/filename when posting a new link.
- Enables support for dozens of sites. Embed local or remote files (except for attachments), such as MP3, MP4, FLV, DivX, Avi, SWF, RM, WMV, MOV...
- And so on.
The site list is optimized to use only the features you enabled, and it's automatically updated when a new version is available. You only need to visit the admin area if you want to enable newly added sites. You can also force an immediate check for sitelist updates (instead of daily checks) through the admin area, or by going to a forum page where Aeva Media is in use (e.g. a video is visible), and adding ";checkaeva" to the URL. This can be restricted to admins via the admin area.
Create your own custom site lists or per-site settings, such as custom video dimensions. More details in the Aeva-Custom-Example.php file.
Users can select on-the-fly their preferred embed size, normal or maximum (saved in a cookie)
No manual edits required for custom themes. No conflicts with mods that provide support for a single website with custom BBCode and a video ID. But you'll never want to use them again. Just use the conversion script included in the package to convert old BBCode.
Completely safe and secure: Aeva Media controls everything your users post. It even disables remote script access.
If you're not sure, be happy -- embedding of external videos will NOT consume your bandwidth!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:08:24 PM by funkle »

HelenJames

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
answer this topic
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
The similar subject was already observed somewhere at this thread

zarg05

• Half-Fuzed
    • View Profile
Re: Attaching media: Youtube, video, audio, images.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
Thank you so much for putting this video up.  I had never heard of kenny G Sucks before.  I am deeply indebted to you for putting this beautiful heart rending music on your site.  I went out and immediately bought all Mr Sucks albums and DVDs.  I am now in the process of getting rid of all those nasty jazz rock fusion cds i have bought over the years.

Please more!!

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
Re: Attaching media: Youtube, video, audio, images.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:41:19 AM »
Thank you so much for putting this video up.  I had never heard of kenny G Sucks before.  I am deeply indebted to you for putting this beautiful heart rending music on your site.  I went out and immediately bought all Mr Sucks albums and DVDs.  I am now in the process of getting rid of all those nasty jazz rock fusion cds i have bought over the years.

Please more!!

Once you feel that Songbird love, there's no going back  ;)