Author Topic: New Allan Holdsworth release  (Read 4665 times)

dsop

• Half-Fuzed
    • View Profile
Paul Marangoni

rapidfirerob

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
    • Idlewild West
Re: New Allan Holdsworth release
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »
I pledged last week. Cool getting updates on the project, including occasional video.

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
Feel like this could use a little bump. The project seems to be going in Holdsworth Time, so what's a few months between posts?

Recent update is saying there will be 2 versions of a new track released to Pledgers coming up. But I have an uneasy feeling that giving Holdsworth seemingly unlimited time to do things like mixing may not have been the best idea in the world.
At least I have a nifty coffee mug.
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....

xmiles

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 09:18:16 AM »
Yes unfortunately I will believe this when I see it. Given his general disposition and approach to actually releasing new material I have no confidence that anything significant will happen in the foreseeable future. Just releasing more live material would be something.

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
Well, I pledged my $15. Let's see if anything happens...

Shadow

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »

It happened! Your bank account decreased by $15. Are you going to see the Aristocrats next Monday at Jammin Java?

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 03:43:40 AM »
It happened! Your bank account decreased by $15. Are you going to see the Aristocrats next Monday at Jammin Java?

Not unless you have an extra ticket or know someone who does. They sold out Jammin' Java AGAIN and I failed to get a ticket in time AGAIN. At this point, I have to conclude there's some cosmic conspiracy against me ever seeing the Aristocrats in concert. :)

Shadow

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 07:53:48 AM »

Not unless you have an extra ticket or know someone who does. They sold out Jammin' Java AGAIN and I failed to get a ticket in time AGAIN. At this point, I have to conclude there's some cosmic conspiracy against me ever seeing the Aristocrats in concert. :)

Comp seats are tight for this show that so far Mike can only get one, so I may not be going as well.

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 05:41:46 PM »

Too bad only early adopters like myself benefited from the tier that made no goddamn sense, where you'd pay an extra $3 and get a nifty Holdsworth branded coffee cup. There wasn't even any shipping and handling. And I actually already rec'd that.
If you haven't seen 'em, and are interested in that kind of thing, I'd recommend searching through the updates and finding the two where the guy running the pledge posted examples of the chord charts Holdsworth uses for his tunes. I thought his system looked weird in the REH video he did. It's even more bizarre in context.
....lame-ass, jive, pseudo bluesy, out-of-tune, noodling, wimped out, fucked up playing....

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
For those who aren't getting updates, the "finished" tracks are nearly a week late. Something about Cubase(I knew any software that locked-out VSTi capability in its "light" version had to be up to no good). Allan is also trying to migrate away from using Atari microcomputers for SynthAxe processing. For a guy known for dumping gear like it has the longevity of potato salad in the sun, when the man finds something that works for him I guess he really sticks with it.

Halfdim7

• Founding Member
  • Fuze-Master
  • Founder, Resident Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 10:25:48 AM »
First tracks have been released, including a "play along version"(no solos in the mix).
I've only given it a few listens so far, but I'm liking it. Definitely more on the symphonic, progressive side of things.

profusion

• Fully-Fuzed
    • View Profile
    • Listen to my music
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 05:28:06 PM »
...and a year has gone by with nothing new to listen to. Very sad that Allan can't seem to get it together to get some new music out there.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 06:10:59 PM »
Drinking beer is more fun than working on music, apparently.

JaySee

• Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 07:31:47 PM »
Reading those updates and comments, the word 'genius' has started to sound like the worst excuse ever.
Spotify playlist : Confusion? Fusion!

rapidfirerob

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
    • Idlewild West
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 12:09:15 AM »
At this point, I look at it as a donation for whatever Allan's needs are.