Author Topic: New board member introduction :)  (Read 2186 times)

Jazzbazz

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
New board member introduction :)
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:44:57 AM »
Hey There,

New boardmember here, let me introduce myself. My name is Frans Vollink, and i'm a bassplayer from the Netherlands playing mainly fusion. Rob Waxman introduced me to this forum. Looking forward following and contributing to this site! Some brief info about what I do and play in below.

Cheers!
Frans

Bassplayer with Richard Hallebeek project, Claude Pauly Band, On Impulse, Sebastiaan Cornelissen band, Rene Engel Band, One Spirit and other fusion bands.

www.fransvollink.com
https://soundcloud.com/fransvollink
www.facebook.com/frans.vollink

rapidfirerob

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
    • Idlewild West
Re: New board member introduction :)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
A big welcome to you Frans! I know we all look forward to your contributions here. Any news on the new Claude Pauly album? I loved Mind Meets Matter! As a fellow low ender, I'm very excited to have you on the forum.

conebeckham

• Trusted Member
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »
Frans-

Man, you kill me.  :) Just had to say that.  I think you've got to be the most under-rated bass player out there.  Thanks for all the great music. I've been a fan ever since I picked up U Turn. 

funkle

• Administrator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum Frans. We don't have many members, but I think you'll find we're all big fans. Please feel free to keep us up to date on any news you'd like to let us know about.

GeorgeX

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 10:01:09 PM »
Yes Frans..welcome. We are probably all enthralled with the version of Wristkiller on the recently released RHP II right about now, and the version on Seb's disc was just as good. Nice playing and nice writing! Really liked Go For It! too. Feel free to let us know what's new and coming soon

Jazzbazz

• Con-Fuzed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As far as the new Claude Pauly album is concerned I really dont know when it is coming. We did some recording this summer but Claude seems to be a bit unsure about the direction the album should go. It's up to him ofcourse ;)
In the near future there will be a new release of Sebastiaan on wich I will contribute the low end together with Gary Willis, very cool. Hoping Marc Guillermont is finishing of his new CD soon, with drummer Gary Novack. Im working on my own work to, but that will be more a "Once in a lifetime" solo effort in time. Im perfectly happy being a sidekick, writing for others and making other musicians sound good if I get the ocassional solo spot, lol!

rapidfirerob

• Global Moderator
  • Fuze-Master
    • View Profile
    • Idlewild West
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »
we're all happy to listen to anything with you playing on it!
I hope Claude gets his direction straight and finishes his album. :)